Wednesday, January 27, 2010

If you work really hard and you're kind . . .

I don't spend much time on pop culture in this forum, but I have been following Conan O'Brien's situation. He was such a gentleman through the entire debacle. I felt that Jay Leno acted like a spoiled little kid, and that he needed to just go home and play with his own toys, rather than being an Indian giver with Conan's toys.

Conan's final words from his "Tonight Show" desk were eloquent and lovely. He mirrored my own sentiments with his kindness statement:

If you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen.


During the late months of John's illness, when family members were starting to go a little crazy, I often said that I wanted to cross-stitch a piece to hang by the front door. The piece would say, "Kindness spoken here."

If we can teach all our children to be kind, just imagine what the long term results could be.

No comments: