Friday, April 18, 2008

Size Matters!

I turned onto North Michigan Avenue around 6:45 this evening. I didn't mind the rush hour traffic, as I could look around and enjoy being in a city.

I love big cities. Washington is my heart's home. New York is filled with excitement with every footstep. San Francisco has artistic nooks everywhere you turn. Chicago is one of my all-time favorite cities to visit. There is something magical about exploring a big city, of finding neighborhoods and walkable areas to explore, of seeing the excitement on the faces of people on the street.

My exploring for this trip began with checking into the Marriott Chicago Magnificent Mile, then running next door to Nordstrom to pick up a little Eileen Fisher tunic on sale. Tomorrow will be the Art Institute and Jersey Boys. Time and space permitting, I'll take the boat tour to explore the Chicago architecture.

More than ever before in my life, as I planned and set out on this trip, I realized that a lot of single women my age would not have the courage to do what I'm doing. It feels darned good!

No comments: