Friday, April 11, 2008

Brouhaha?!

Who uses the word "brouhaha"? I think this is the second time in as many weeks that I've seen it in the press. Is it a regional thing?

This morning I sat in the lunchroom with my Subway breakfast sandwich for five post-gym minutes, flipping through the West Side Leader. I noticed this report of an incident outside a West Market Street drive-in, listed in the Neighborhood Watch column:

The male suspect reportedly started the brouhaha by throwing a gallon of ice cream into the parking lot from an adjacent lot, causing it to strike a vehicle belonging to a male victim, who threw it back. . . .

This takes the phrase "food fight" to a whole new level, dontcha think?

1 comment:

Traveler said...

What ever happened to "donnybrook?"

That was a good word to use for maladapted miscreants who engaged in uncivil conduct.