Saturday, April 05, 2008

Pet Peeves

Or If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It!

I grow attached to the products I use. I have a very sensitive nose, and certain odors or fragrances can be migraine triggers for me. Therefore, it takes me a long time to choose a product to bring into my bedroom or bathroom. And once I start using it and liking it, I want to keep on doing so. I don't want to have to go through the same old process again when I can't find the previous product I used.

Today I went into Giant-Eagle (yes, I've heard people refer to it as Big Bird) to get soap for my bathroom. For years I've used Lever 2000 body wash for my 2000 body parts. It's the best soap for shaving one's legs. It's transparent and a great blue-green color and the smell is okay and I never cut myself with the razor when I'm using it. And the price is reasonable.

Alas, some suit decided it was time to change all the Lever products. Now they're creamy, not transparent. And they all have some dopey fruit in the name (and the odor). Mango Essence! Raspberry Dream! Grape Frufru!

Give me a break! I eat fruit. I don't bathe in it. And I don't want to smell it in the shower.

The best thing that could happen in my life is if every personal product manufactured would, as a rule, include a version that had no fragrance and would never be replaced by a similar product with fragrance.

Oh how easy my life would become!

No comments: