Thursday, November 08, 2007

Whodya Believe?

Did you see the news earlier this week that an extra twenty-five pounds is a good thing? What?!

Medical "experts" have been telling us for several years to get the weight off, that there's a national epidemic of overweight. And now they say a little extra cushioning can help us fight illness better.

A few years ago we were told a glass of wine a day can help ensure heart health and fight cancer. Then we're told it can contribute to breast cancer.

I'm depressed about my living situation. When I'm depressed, I eat. I try to watch what I eat, but then I end up with a headache, which makes me sick to my stomach, which makes me want something creamy or salty. And then my weight doesn't fall off, and I get depressed about my weight.

A Pi Phi friend just ran the NYC marathon. She's in her upper 30s, I believe. And all her training makes her lean as a rail. And then her older, motherly friends criticize her, saying she's too skinny.

I guess you can't please people. And I guess you have to follow your [healthy] heart and your head and try to take what you believe to be the best course of action.

And then fuhgedaboudit!

No comments: