Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Dreaming the Impossible Dream

I mentioned that I had been talking to the people at Turning Technologies about the Internal Development Manager position they had posted. I was expecting a phone interview to take place last week or the week before with the VP of Operations and then an in-person interview this week. It's now the day before Thanksgiving and neither of those events has occurred.

Last night I dreamed I got back to Tucson and told my colleagues how disappointed I was not to have gotten this interview. Raj then came to me and brought me three IBM shirts with my name embroidered on them, telling me he had sponsored me for IBM employment. (Trust me. It ain't that easy. Nor is it likely to happen, as Raj tends, culturally, to not like women in the workplace. At least, that's the sense several of us get.) I was so thrilled, in my dream, as this meant I could begin telecommuting and be with my family again.

Oh well. One foot in front of the other.

It must have been the NyQuil talking in my dreams.

No comments: