Sunday, November 04, 2007

Hitting the Books

I've been busy lately, learning new things. I'm hitting computer books and music books.

I'm working on mastering ColdFusion, a software development tool used to create dynamic web sites. I've had a preliminary interview with Turning Technologies in Youngstown, OH, and the HR person who interviewed me indicated the vice president of operations, who would be the next person to interview me, would be apprehensive about my lack of ColdFusion knowledge. So I'm racing to show him that I can develop in ColdFusion.

And out of people I met and worked with in the St. Francis musical revue, I met a local singing teacher. I am accompanying eight of her students in the National Association of Teachers of Singing competition in Scottsdale next weekend. I spent four hours yesterday listening to and learning show tunes I had never heard before, sometimes from shows I'd never heard of! I rehearsed last night with six of my eight assigned students. When another accompanist didn't show up because of illness, I sightread difficult music (including "The Light in the Piazza" - überdifficult!) for six of his assigned students.

It seems the original theme of this blog is superfluous lately. There are no dates; there are no men; the love in my life comes solely from my kids and grandkids and some cherished close friends.

May this only be a brief dry spell while I wait for all my Ohio connections to fall into place.

Now, will you excuse me? I've gotta get back to my books.

1 comment:

Traveler said...

Ah, but Grasshopper, you still have friends!

Traveler