Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pour More

Son of a gun! Did you know June is National Iced Tea Month?! This is my month, People.

Since my first glass of iced tea at the Steak 'n' Shake on Orlando Avenue in Winter Park when I was about 18, I've been addicted. Add.I.Cted!

Just plain ol' tea. Lipton is best. No sweetener. Occasionally a slice of lemon. But brewed. Absolutely brewed. Never out of a fountain.

Hand me a glass of sweetened tea and pretend it's unsweetened? I'll spit it out. It's an abomination.

Snapple or Arizona Tea? If I'm in the middle of the desert and that's absolutely all that's available, I'll drink it. But I won't savor it.

If a restaurant doesn't have their iced tea prepared, I'll ask for hot tea and a glass of ice.

And I'm usually packing a few Lipton Tea bags in my purse just in case the restaurant only has frou frou tea.

And speaking of Steak 'n' Shake, Daddy would let me drive his Corvette when we circled through the parking lot. That's where he taught me that you unobtrusively wave one hand to other 'Vette drivers without lifting the hand from the steering wheel. Your right hand, usually. You never wave so as to draw attention to yourself. Be cool.

Corvettes, Steak 'n' Shake, and iced tea. Ah, youth.

Now if they'd just bring back the fried egg sandwich, I'd be their biggest fan.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Completely garee - it must be brewed and unsweetened BUT diet peach Snapple is a treat. First had it in Henderson, NC:)

Unknown said...

That Steak n Shake is still there :)