Thursday, June 17, 2010

Filling Time

The Jazzman and I are leaving around midnight to hop on a train bound for Chicago. We're going to celebrate my upcoming birthday. Activities will include a jazz concert at Ravinia, a boat ride to view Chicago architecture, some great meals, and who knows what else. Chicago is one of my favorite cities to visit, and the Jazzman is my new favorite person to travel with. So there you go.

Today I'm rushing to get as much work done as possible, so I'm going to cop out on today's post. I'm posting a few photos from our recent trip to see Mother in North Carolina. I've been visiting this place off-and-on since 1960. Oh, that's fifty years. Wow!

Enjoy these pictures that are deeply ingrained in my mind.























Stopped at a scenic overlook along 26 in Tennessee, almost to NC.

In the next development over—don't you love those trees? The original property purchase comprised 155 acres. When all was said and done, we ended up with 55 acres, which Jerry has developed into a lovely lakeside development.





My darling cousin Bruce, at the helm of his ship. (Can I confess to having a favorite cousin?)

Bruce and Cindy's South Carolina getaway, to which they escape from D.C. as often as possible.


I realize this isn't so many photos, but the weekend didn't exactly go as we expected, either. Mother's falls meant that we left the cottage early, didn't all travel to SC to see Bruce & Cindy and my other cousin BJ and her husband, Mel, and spent more time in Asheville than we spent in Cashiers. But I still love going up there, no matter how short the time period.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Have a WONDERFUL time in Chicago! You will love the boat tour. A great way to see Chicago. xoxoJill