Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It Never Hurts to Dream

When I was talking to my mother this morning on my daily check-in call, she asked me what the age difference is between Tyler and Jaci. I couldn't imagine why she was asking, but gave her the answer.

She said, "Dr. M. (a medical school classmate of Daddy's who lives in the same town as she) is five years younger than I. I think he might have been interested in me if he hadn't met that other woman and married her a couple of years ago. I saw him the other day and he gave me the biggest hug."

Bear in mind that Mother is 96. That makes Dr. M. a spry 91 years old.

Y'know, if it makes her happy to think he might have wanted a relationship with her, more power to her.

Hope springs eternal!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

lol! That is very cute. You can tell your Mom that I say age is just a number and a state of mind! My first husband was 15 yrs older than me. We only noticed the age difference when discussing music or the 60's! lol! My present husband is 7 yrs younger than me. We only notice the age difference when he can't keep up with me!! :-)

I must admit that somehow it amuses me that there is 22 years between my two husbands and I married them 24 yrs apart .... lol!