Saturday, June 06, 2009

The Family Philosopher

I had the babes for a sleepover last night. The arrangement is that Boston sleeps with me in my queen bed, and I have a separate twin bed in my room that is Ridley's. (Aren't I lucky to have a big enough bedroom that will support all that furniture?!)

So somewhere around midnight I was awakened from a deep sleep by Ridley telling Boston, quite forcefully, to get back in his own bed. I roused, looked over, and saw him sprawled kitty-cornered across her bed, leaving her only a couple of feet at the bottom of the bed.

at her [quite loud] insistence, he reluctantly got up and moved back to his place on my bed. I asked, "How did you get over there?"

His response? "Things are what they are."

Huh? From an almost-eight-year-old? At midnight from a sound sleep?

With a fast-responding brain like that, I think this child id destined for greatness.

(Yeah, okay, I'm prejudiced. I think they're both destined for greatness of one sort or another.)

No comments: