Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Beauty All Around

Jaci wrote a lovely post the other day about thankfulness, sharing photos of the beautiful peonies the former owners of her home had planted. I am also surrounded, in my new home, with incredible greenery and flowers. I think the poppies are my favorite. The color is so vibrant, and they remind me of several trips to Europe and riding past fields of poppies.
I'm thankful for the work the former owner put into this home, and for all the work my nextdoor neighbors do on a regular basis. My thumb isn't very green, but maybe I can learn.

2 comments:

Soni Cido said...

Peonies are my FAV Flower! One of the huge things I miss about home :( in MN...Mom has pink, dark pink and white-the flowers on your blog look like her Poppies-I have never seen orange peonies!

Jan Crews said...

It seems we had a disconnect on that communication! My pics are poppies. I also have pink and white peonies. Jaci's post was about her peonies, and her pic is absolutely peonies! :)