Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Playing Catch-up

I've had a very hectic few days, and I had to look back at the blog to see what I had written about and what had slipped through the cracks.

On Thursday I learned that my oldest brother, Jerry, would have a triple bypass on Saturday. I put everything on hold, thinking I might have to drive to North Carolina and get Mother, to drive her to Orlando. She decided to stay at home rather than trying to see Jerry before his surgery. He made it through the procedure fine, and got a pacemaker at the same time. By Saturday night he was sitting in a chair, and Sunday afternoon he walked to the end of the hallway and back. Jim, the next older brother, and his wife, Molly, spent the weekend in Orlando to be near Jerry. Molly's BlackBerry was in frequent contact with my iPhone.

I'm flying to Orlando tomorrow on a multifaceted trip:
  • I'll visit Jerry tomorrow afternoon, shortly after his defibrillator is inserted;
  • I'll have dinner and a nice long visit tomorrow night with my college suitemate, sorority sister, and dear friend, Cindy;
  • Friday morning I will play the piano for a wedding and reception for two of my high school friends who have found each other after 40 years;
  • Friday afternoon I'll drive to Tampa to spend some time with Jim and Molly;
  • Saturday morning I'll run down to Sarasota and spend the day with my dearest friend from my years in D.C.
  • Saturday night back to Tampa, then Sunday morning to Orlando to catch a flight back to Pittsburgh


Tired yet?

I will not take my laptop, and refuse to blog on the iPhone with that two-fingers-at-a-time keyboard and unwanted error-correction. So you've got plenty of time to read all the blogs on my blogroll until I get back Sunday night.

Two birthdays while I'm gone: My darling Ridley turns 6 on Friday, and my mother turns 96 on Sunday. Happy Birthday to both.

No comments: