Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Ultimate in Retail Experiences

I knew I had another grandbaby anecdote to share, and I just remembered it.

I gave Riah a bracelet a couple of weeks ago, and it has broken. Jaci asked if I could repair it and I gladly agreed to do so. A few minutes later I was in Boston and Ridley's room helping him get ready for bed. He was putting on a pair of pajamas I had made for him.

He said, "Grandma, you're such a good sewer and beader. You should go work at Sam's Club and sell your beads."

I loved that he thought my work was good enough to sell. I doubly loved that, to him, Sam's Club is the epitome of shopping excellence!

Hmmm, if I sold my house(s) in Tucson and worked at Sam's Club in Boardman, could I afford to live in Youngstown??

4 comments:

Jill said...

But would Tyler talk to you if you worked at Sam's Club. Hmm how do his kids know about Sam's Club with his politics?????
hugs, Jill

jc said...

Okay, what do you know about Sam's Club that I don't know? My knowledge is simply that Sam's Club is a place to save money if you buy large quantities. Is there more to it than that?

Jill said...

The politics - when their butchers voted to be unionized, they shut down that department. The bad treatment of the employees goes on and on. they havea 50% turn over per year and costco has about a 2%.

jc said...

Thanks for the education. I can always count on you (and Tyler) to set me straight.