Tuesday, August 14, 2007

One Tired Grandma

Tyler and Jaci are in Chicago while he works a trade show and she gets some much needed R&R. I'm trying to give the babies their own vacation experience so they will not equate their parents' absence with sadness.

Saturday was the Cleveland Zoo and Pizza Hut. Sunday was Bob Evans' and Wagon Trails and playing in the pool and dinner on the deck with John and Sherry next door. Monday we cleaned their room (fun for their parents, but not so much for me!), then went to Fellows Riverside Garden where Boston and Riah ran up and down the lawn, explored the secret paths, and camped under a weeping something-or-other tree (fig, I think). Then we drove up to Warren to the "Most Magnificent McDonald's" in the world, which includes a white grand piano being played by, who else, the Hamburglar.

I share with you some photos of this magnificent garden in Youngstown.







It's very interesting for me being back in this climate among the trees and flowers that I remember from many, many summer visits to my aunt's home in Wilmette, outside Chicago. The days last until 9:30 or so, the breeze whips through the leaves, the trees are enormous. Nothing like Orlando, where I grew up, and nothing at all like Tucson. Yes, I love the monsoons, but I'm really getting tired of the heat and the dust. Oh, and my heels aren't cracked. That will last about two days after I return to Tucson.

I think I'm ready. I could give up Tucson. I'll miss my friends, but I think that's all. (But you can ask me again in February!!!)

1 comment:

TJ said...

And yet no pictures of the piano-playing Hamburglar. Aren't you supposed to write for your audience? ;-)