Monday, August 27, 2007

Announcements

Tucson Chamber Artists presented two stellar concerts this weekend featuring music of hopes and dreams. It was all 20th century music with lush, tight harmonies performed exquisitely by these 30 talented singers under the direction of Eric Holtan and included the first TCA commission. Simply fabulous concerts.

At the Sunday concert I suggested to the Board chair/singer/Pi Phi friend Kay Wiley that I make the "please silence your cell phones" announcement that we made regularly last year.

Then I said to David Galbraith, another Board member, that I was going to make "the announcement." David replied, "What? 'I'm mad as heck and I'm not going to take it anymore'?"

I laughed and replied, "No. 'I'm available and I can't find a good man.'"

Alas. I minded my manners and just asked the audience to turn off their cell phones and not shake their jingly bracelets.

No comments: