Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Learning to Say No

Months of the year I dread: December (as a musician), followed by August (as a volunteer). In August of each year I update the database with the information sent from Pi Beta Phi headquarters, then I prepare the fall newsletter and dues form, then as the dues forms are received, I must update the database with any changes. That's looming this week and I've procrastinated as long as I can. To this set of chores, I have added media liaison for Tucson Chamber Artists, and I'm absolutely feeling overwhelmed and guilty that I'm not doing enough.

My mind is totally devoid of thoughts of men and jobs and just focused on trying to stay sane while I get these jobs done.

So to amuse you this morning, I'll share with you the Night-Blooming Cereus that bloomed last night outside my living room window. These photos were taken at 6:00 a.m. It's now 8:15 a.m. and the blossoms are almost closed. If you've never experienced these flowers, they are simply amazing.

Enjoy!







No comments: