Monday, December 11, 2006

Silence

I haven't posted for the last couple of days because I've been very sick with a cold. Today I'm somewhat better, but coughing horribly and suffering from an even greater occurrence of hot flashes. Tyler had his first exposure to my reactions to this internal combustion yesterday when I took the grandbabies home after a sleepover. We were standing in the living room talking, and suddenly I'm ripping off my jacket and excusing myself to go stand outside where it was cooler. I told him I had decided the universe was not created by a benevolent God, as no benevolent God would wish the horror of hot flashes on a woman who had diligently placed one foot in front of the other for 56 years, wishing no harm to anyone. So that leaves only "no God" or a God that is not benevolent.

I'm in the process of making the blog unfindable without a link or an invitation. I applied to several jobs in Washington over the weekend, and have been reading that employers Google job applicants . . . . I don't want anything I've posted on the Web to stand in the way of my finding the perfect fit job.

I spent quite a bit of the weekend with the Gardener, after thinking it was all over on Friday. Quite simply, I enjoy his company enormously. He's a helluva nice guy, thoughtful, considerate, helpful. Quite precious. If I don't know where I'm gonna be in six or twelve months, why does it matter if I don't know who I'm going to be there with? ('Scuse the bad grammer, but I think you get the gist of the statement.)

No comments: