Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Fairy Tales Can Come True . . .

And I do believe I'm young at heart, as the song says.

I've started having a [day]dream. It involves this fabulous house in Youngstown and running a bed & breakfast (which I've done before, if you didn't know) and having a space to throw elegant parties for arts organizations or host weddings or sponsor fiber art workshops.

The house was built in 1955 by members of the Wick family, who were influential in finance and steel in Youngstown's heyday. The design is inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright and sits on 10 acres a mile away from our friends, Ron and Marcia Gould.

<Sidebar on>
Ron Gould was Tyler's mentor and dear friend during Tyler's four years at Youngstown State. Ron and Marcia consider Tyler their fourth son. I asked what Boston called Ron and Marcia when the Clarks stayed with the Goulds for their house-hunting trip. Tyler said the babies had heard their parents talk about "Ron and Marcia Gould" so much, that Ron was "Ron" and Marcia was "Marcia Gould". Ah, my babies.
<Sidebar off>

Anyway, back to my dream. I bought my lottery ticket tonight. ;-)

No comments: