Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Old and New, But Neither Borrowed Nor Blue

I recently had my front steps rebricked and my front columns replaced. When the workman was finishing up, I went outside to inspect the work and discovered I could no longer fully open my mailbox!

The mailbox was beside the front door, which I only ever use to bring in the mail. This misalignment was the perfect excuse to get a new mailbox!

I played Hannah Homeowner for an hour, trekking to Lowe's and perusing all the mailboxes. I finally found one I thought would be big enough to handle my mail volume and easy enough for me to install. I checked with my mail carrier, and she loved the idea of placing packages out of sight on the back porch.

Voila! A month later, the mailbox is finally installed and functioning (thanks to lots of hammering on my part and some expert guidance from the Jazzman). Witness yesterday's first delivery of mail in the new box.

I am no longer blue about having to deal with the sticky front door just to see if I received any junk mail. Now I'm Hannah Happy Homeowner!

No comments: