Thursday, April 15, 2010

Knowing What I Need

PianoLady and I talked at length on Tuesday evening, catching up on our lives and reminiscing about our piano professor who died last week. I had found another of our music theory classmates on Facebook, and we started trying to name everyone who had been in that class, thinking it was probably a pretty good exercise for our aging brains.

As we were hanging up the phone, she said, "Oh, I sent you something." I had recently blogged about my lack of organization. Then yesterday, not knowing what her gift was nor when it would arrive, I wrote another post on the same topic. Sensing a theme here, are we?

When I got home last night, PianoLady's gift was in my mailbox: an autographed copy of Linda Samuels' "The Other Side of Organized." Samuels' Web site says the book "will encourage you to get organized enough to reduce the stress of life’s details and make time to embrace your passions." Sign me up! I've got two Carmina Burana hell weeks in the near future, so this book will be the perfect time-filler while I wait for conductors and orchestras and the appropriate alto entrances.

How nice to have friends who know what you need!

No comments: