Sunday, March 15, 2009

Then and Now

Mother and I spent an hour or so going through old pictures when I was with her last weekend. There were photos I had never seen, including a picture of Mother in her high school glee club, and of her sister, my Aunt Helen, holding her flute. Who knew Aunt Helen played the flute?! Who knew Mother sang in the glee club?

There was a picture of Daddy holding me at about six months, and another of Mother holding me, taken at the same time. I had seen the one of Mother, but not the one of Daddy.




This was taken in the house on Manor Road in Maitland around 1955. I think I was five when this was taken. Mother would have been around 42. The couch was green. The draperies were red and green on white, as I recall. Something very Southern, like hibiscus or some other tropical plant or flower.

And to compare and contrast, this was taken last Monday morning before I left.




My, how time flies.

No comments: