Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Lonely Gato


When I first moved in with Tyler and Jaci, I posted several times about the rough time Rudi was having settling into the new digs. He was used to ruling the roost, and suddenly he was sharing space with two cats and two [big] dogs. He and Pepper formed a strong love/hate relationship, Smoker ignored him, and he was scared of the dogs.

Now he rules the roost again, and doesn't know what to do with himself. He tails me around the house. If he wanders away from me, he walks around the house meowing, "Where are you, Mom?" If I sit down, he is immediately in my lap. When I'm lying awake in bed, he's right next to me.

Yesterday the painter was here, and Rudi hid someplace until 3:00 in the afternoon.

Poor guy. I'm hoping that somewhere underneath his disorientation is a measure of relief.

No comments: