Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Over the River and Through the Mountains

I'm off this morning to see Mother outside Asheville, NC. The rain will stay closer to the coast, I hope, as I drive down 81 along the Shenandoahs and the Blue Ridge.

I'm not sure how much access I'll have to the Internet until Friday night when I return to DC. I leave you with a couple of things to read while I'm gone — reviews of the fabulous concert I attended on Sunday.

Baltimore Sun

Washington Post

Happy Thankgiving. Think of me while you're feasting on turkey and dressing. I'll be eating fake turkey.

P.S. Two final notes about the concert:

Tim Page incorrectly identified the soloist in the Puckett. It was Michael Forrest, who has sung with the Washington Chorus on many occasions and is a dear friend of TWC and Bob Shafer, as well as Bob's colleague at Shenandoah Conservatory.

The tenor soloist who was contracted to sing this concert lost his father a week or so before the concert and felt he couldn't sing. Michael stepped in and learned the Puckett in three days, an incredible feat. Michael did a fabulous job on both the Puckett and the Mozart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping the rain has subsided when you get back to New York City.