Sunday, August 22, 2010

Paper Everywhere

My beautiful new office is nearing completion, and I spent most of Saturday sorting through and consolidating files and throwing away papers that didn't need to be kept or referenced.

It's astonishing how I can accumulate so much stuff! I shredded several files full of old bank papers, and took two black trash bags to the curb. I'm not yet pleased with how much stuff I have to move back into the office when it's finished, but it's a far cry better than it was.

I've started the thought process of a similar purging in the sewing room. I don't even want to think of the yards and yards of fabric I've collected over the past 15 years. Nor do I want to think of the pain of ridding my shelves of all that cotton, silk and linen.

But it's gotta be done! The process of sorting through Mother's things two weeks ago, and the impending packing that will take place this coming weekend convinces me that it must be done.

I think the kindest thing I can do for my children is keep an orderly house with minimal unneeded stuff.

When's the last time you cleaned out a closet?

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Waiting for crappy weather to come back ... then it is closet cleaning time! :-)