Monday, October 19, 2009

Re-Blogged!

Following our Saturday evening warm-up for the Brahms German Requiem, a fellow alto came up to me and said she had read my blog and enjoyed it very much. I tried to imagine what she was talking about, and thought maybe she had seen my Facebook profile and followed the link from there to my blog. A few minutes later I saw her again and asked what she meant, how she had happened to be reading my blog. She said my blog had been posted on ClevelandOrchestra.com, on their blog. Grabbing my iPhone, I quickly navigated over to the Cleveland Orchestra website and was astonished to see my words on their site.

I posted a note about the reblogging on my Facebook profile, and got lots of notes from friends.

Then, after the Sunday concert I went out to dinner with my old Tucson friend Ashley Smith. We had worked together on the administrative staff of the Tucson Symphony, and she is now the manager of the Cleveland Orchestra Youth Orchestra. I told her about the reblogging. She said she had been in staff meeting on Friday and one of the PR people had said that a chorus member blogged about the chorus. She thought they had contracted with a chorus member to blog for them and had no idea it was me and that it was just off a Google Alert hit.

It's been a real high for me—great fun to have my words seen and appreciated and reposted.

No comments: