Wednesday, September 09, 2009

A Big Fluffy Lump of Lovin'

Rudi came home from the Tucson Humane Society eight years ago yesterday. I've occasionally told the story of how I chose him: I walked into the "cat room" to see what they had. Most of the cats and kittens were sitting up on the shelves in their cages. Rudi, on the other hand, jumped down and walked right up to the door when he saw me walk in. He kept standing at the front, saying "Pet Me; Love Me; Take Me Home."

So I did.

He has been a wonderful cat, and I celebrate the day I got him.

Oh, his name? He's named for a character in my favorite opera, La Boheme. However, I thought the character's name was Rudolfo. Several years later Tyler told me it was really Rodolfo. Oh well, I'm not changin' his name to Rodi. He'll just have to continue answering to Rudi.

(Yes, he's overweight. When he again becomes the only cat in the house, I'll put him on a diet. But not a moment sooner!)

No comments: