Tuesday, January 06, 2009

More Customer Service Tips

I'm trying to get all the utilities at the new house switched over to my name. Today I called Dominion East to establish my gas account. I spoke with Jackie. She was adamant that their representative had to enter the house to read the meter. Of course, she could only give me a four-hour window. I explained that I did not have access to the house yet and didn't know when I would get access. I explained that the house was unoccupied and I could not ask the seller to go sit at the house for four hours waiting for their technician. I explained that I work in west Akron. She suggested they could come on Saturday, but I have an all-day technical writing class in Kent. I kept trying to get her to come up with alternatives, but she had none. And the whole time, she's calling me "Mrs. Crews."

Now as you know, I've been married many times. But none of these men was named "Crews." My daddy, on the other hand, was named "Crews," but I was never married to him.

After feeling rising frustration with her inability to be a problem-solver, I said, "I'm Ms., not Mrs."

And you know how she responded? She hung up on me.

Oops. Not good customer service.

(I called back five minutes later, got a lovely young lady named Brooke who knew how to solve problems. Yea for Brooke.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just a few more days Ms. Crews and you'll be in your new digs.

Mrs. Abramson

TJ said...

I hope you told Brooke (or her supervisor) all about Jackie.