Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dipping My Toe in the Real Estate Pool Again

Oh, wait. I guess I'm not just dipping my toe in. I've done a cannonball into the pool.

I closed on my new house on Friday morning, and the docs will be recorded on Monday. I spent a significant amount of time there yesterday afternoon and am starting to feel a sense of ownership. The reality is starting to sink in.

I will meet the family handyman, Donny, there tomorrow to see where he needs to start and how to prioritize the work. All the rooms need to be painted, and I will pull up the carpeting, at least on the ground floor, to reveal the beautiful hardwood flooring. The other priority is having insulation put into the attic to try to keep the gas bill at a manageable level.

I'll move in a couple of weeks—sometime before the 2nd of February, on which date I must vacate my storage unit.

Thanks for all the support through this process. Come visit!

(Oh, and we got about 9" of snow today! Take that, all you Tucsonans.)

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Oh Jan! I am so happy for you! I am sure this house is going to be the perfect place for you for many years to come! Make sure you take before and after pictures as you go!

Congrats again!

hugs!