Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Who Would Have Dreamed?!

Even if I do have limited work available to me and associated limited income, there is an upside: I'm available to take the kids to school!

This morning I was listening to the Coffee House channel on SiriusXM radio on my way home from my Montessori run. It's a channel devoted to singer-songwriters, mostly with acoustic music. A song came on and I was instantly identifying with the lyrics.

I have a wonderful life. For the past sixteen months, I've shared my life with a handsome, smart, accomplished, can-fix-anything man who lets me feel cherished every single day. I am content, as I have never been content in my life. I'm in a state of bliss.

I'll be 61 in a month, and I can't believe this is how life turned out for me.

I know it's really written for a guy to sing to a girl, but the "legs crossed over me" just grabbed me.



Aren't I lucky?!



I Like You

I like the way you look at me every time, you first come into my mind
I like the way you fit perfectly, on my side
I like the way you hold my hand, and bury your head in my chest, every time you're tired, every time you want to rest
I like the way your face looks when you sleep, I like your legs crossed over me
I like the way you always want me to win, I like how you touch my skin

I like you . . . you . . . oh I like you . . . how else can I tell you

I like the way you always ask for another song, and how we always get along
I like how you dress for me, I wish you could see what I see
I like how you're slow to get into the pool, oh how I like to hold you when you do
I like the way you smile at me, I wish the whole world could see

I like you . . . you . . . oh I like you . . . how else do I tell you.

I like you . . . you . . . oh I like you . . . how else do I tell you
I like you . . . you . . . oh I like you . . . how else can I tell you

I like when you walk into a room, I like how people look at you
I like you in your ski clothes and warm hat, I like how you talk in your accent
I like how you dance with me, I like how you like family
I like how you inspire me, I like you so much can't you see

Can't you see . . . can't you see . . . can't you see
I like you . . . can't you see . . . can't you see

No comments: