Monday, March 21, 2011

Nothin' Could Be Finer . . .

…than to hold a ten-week old baby and watch him sleep.

The Jazzman has a new greatnephew, who (along with Mom and Dad) visited his grandparents and great-grandmother in Columbus over the weekend. As much as it pained me to miss the Grand Opening soirée of my daughter-in-law's beautiful new photography studio in the Ward Bakery Building, the coming out of Riley James [Hagan] Haseley had to take precedence.

Now, I think babies are sweet. And I think my babies were beautiful. And I think my grandbabies were sweet and beautiful. But Riley? Oh.My.Gosh! I think this is, truly, one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen in my life!

His nose! His profile! Ballads are going to be written about this young man's face. You know how most babies have cute little button noses, rounded on the end, perfect for nuzzling and cuddling. Not Riley. His gene pool grabbed the best aspects of his gorgeous mother's nose and those of his handsome dad's nose and swirled them into a thing of beauty! During the twenty-four hours we spent in Columbus, I must have said at least ten times what a beautiful baby he is.

His parents did a great job of conjuring him up, and are doing a great job of parenting him—surrounding him with love and security.

I'm lucky to have melded my way into this family that is filled with love, caring and acceptance.

No comments: