Friday, December 10, 2010

And it just keeps comin'

I took this photo out my office window yesterday during that brief two-hour period when there was actually a sun in a blue sky. If I had taken the picture today, you would have seen snow in the background. And that southern storm is rumored to be scheduled to hit on Sunday morning.

I just want to make one statement about walking in the snow. Why, oh why, do people think that a snowfall greater than five inches means they have the right-of-way over all surfaces? I can't tell you the number of times in the past week I've seen people walk:
a) in the street three feet away from the curb;
b) across an intersection against the light;
c) jaywalking.

Don't these idiots realize cars slide on snowy, icy streets? Do they have a freaking death wish?

I just don't get it.

- - -
And today I'm driving to Sharpsville, PA, for a rehearsal, then to Severance Hall for the first Holiday Concert with my favorite orchestra. Then back home at midnight. You envy me, I know!

No comments: