Monday, September 13, 2010

Time: Things You Might Not Think About

In case, you just dropped in here on a random Google search, you should know I work from home. Most of my interactions are through text messages, either iPhone or Gmail. I rarely talk to people.

In the old days when I drove an hour each way to work, I had lots of time to think, talk on the phone, listen to audiobooks, and sing along with the radio. Now I rarely have time to breathe. I met with my boss for half-an-hour this morning, face-to-face (!), and my todo list today is long enough that it could last all week.

I don't have time to think about things I want to say on my blog. I used to have five ideas pop into my head during my morning commute, and I also had the time to develop those ideas. Now? Forget it! I might have three ideas a week, and as soon as they pop into my head, they're gone. Gone! (Yeah, okay, so that's part and parcel of being sixty years old! Argh!!)

The Jazzman goes out for drinks every Friday night with his nearest and dearest drinking buds. Sometimes the buds go home before he does, and he ends up at Lemon Grove with his cousin and his wife. I suggested to Jazzman that he could call me, even at 11:00 p.m. on a Friday, and I'd meet him down there. When he suggested I'd probably be asleep, I told him I'd be happy to get up and get dressed again just to have a face-to-face conversation with adults. (I don't think he was swayed. That 11:00 p.m. call hasn't happened yet!)

So this post is an apology to myself for not having or making the time to post as I'd like. I really miss the creativity of writing posts for this blog. But I'm having to make do with the creativity of updating Web pages for client after client.

Oh, and here's a commitment to write more posts. I have to tell you about how I'm decorating the house with Mother's furniture; and the beautiful new window sill in the library; and my fabulous new office that Jazzman created. And my new piano.

(On that last one, I'm sure you can feel the heat from the glow of my smile wherever you are.)

No comments: