Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Our Very Own Cantina Band

Last night, after Dinner with Grandma, I took the babes home and sat down at the [formerly my] piano. I started playing whatever was running through my head, until Ridley brought over the Star Wars sheet music. (Thank heavens it's written for beginners, so was not a stretch.) She opened the music to Cantina Band, and I started playing.

She listened for a minute, then picked up a nearby harmonica (Who keeps a harmonica hanging around their piano? Yea for the parents of my grandchildren!) and started playing along, after a fashion. After a few minutes, her daddy walked in, picked up her little pink guitar and started playing along. Then Boston walked in and grabbed a drum. We had our own rockin' Cantina Band.

What enormous fun to be part of a musical family!

Oh, and Ridley told me her birthday at the end of May is going to have a Star Wars theme. (Not surprised? Me either!) She said she's not getting her hair cut between now and then so she can have a real Princess Leia hairdo, not little buns trapped inside her ballet snoods.

No comments: