Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Ho, Ho, Ouch!

How did you spend your Christmas Eve day? I was up at 6:30 in order to be at the Acura dealer at 8:00 for service. I have put 37,000 miles on my TL since leaving Tucson on the 22nd of February. It needed some tender loving care.

For the past three days, I would hear a creaking, cranking, knocking noise anytime I tried to adjust the seat, especially if I opened the door with the Driver #2 fob and it tried to adjust to the #2 setting. I asked the service tech about it, and he said something was caught in the track that the electric seat runs along. I asked them to go ahead and remove the seat, hoping against hope that it was my missing gold earring, a gift from John many years ago and lost now for about a month.

When the techs finished with all the work on the car, I asked what they had found. "Oh, a penny."

Would you care to guess how much that penny cost me?

$85.00

Ho, ho, ho.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wouldn't that be $84.99
Ha, ha, ha.