Saturday, April 09, 2016

A New Life

It's time to drag this blog out again and record my new life as a sister with real relatives. Relatives with whom I share DNA.

I used to blog here daily and multiple times each day. Then I met the Jazzman and didn't have any funny dating-for-oldies stories to tell. I started working from home, so didn't have input from anywhere outside my brain. And the motivation faded. I started my other blog to showcase the garments and bags and gifts I make. And this blog just fell by the wayside.

Now my world has not only turned upside down, but begun to spin and spin and spin. My brain is full and whirling every day. On days when I need to spend hours at the piano perfecting very difficult music, I am drawn to the computer to do more research and to my phone to text my sister. MY SISTER!!!

I have a sister!

I have someone who understands how I feel about being given up for adoption because she, too, was given up for adoption.

I have a sister who is as thrilled to learn about me as I am about her.

Life is oh-so-very good.

So this blog is being pulled back into use so I can document this new journey. We're both aging. Time is moving on whether we want it to or not. And I don't want to forget the wonder of learning, at age 65, that I have a sister.

Stay tuned.

No comments: