Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Second Time Is the Charm

Over a year ago I posted about the worst audition I had ever sung in my life. And about the result of that audition.

Sunday a week ago, as I was sitting and eating dinner between dress rehearsal and performance with some other singers at Blossom, I overheard several people saying they were auditioning on Monday night in Cleveland. I quickly went to the new chorus manager and told her what had happened last year, asking if I could audition again on Monday night. She said yes; and I did. I didn't do as well as I would have liked, but I got through the audition without falling to pieces.

In today's mail was a letter from Maestro Porco inviting me to sing with the Cleveland Orchestra Chorus. I don't really like the concept of a "bucket list", but, Baby, this one's on my bucket list.

I am absolutely thrilled that I will get to stand behind the "Best Band in the Land" and make beautiful music. This season, my first, includes Beethoven Symphony #9, Brahms Ein Deutches Requiem, and Orff Carmina Burana.

2 comments:

sophiedesertdog said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is just simply awesome! I cried for you last year and now I get to cheer for you! YEAH, JAN!!!

Ypsi said...

OMG!!! When is Carmina Burana going to be performed? It's one of my all-time favorite pieces of music but I have never been to an actual performance of it. How exciting to be able to not only hear it live, but know my friend is in the chorus!

Congrats again!!! :)