Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I Don't Need Any Help!

I have some bee-YUU-tiful wool yarn I bought a year ago in a darling little shop in Berkeley Springs, WV. When I bought it, I thought I'd make an afghan or throw for the living room. This year I'm in the mood to knit a short kimono sweater.

<Sidebar On>
In case you're a knitter and dying to know, the colors I bought are deep hot pink, deep purple, mustard and teal. I'm making Dofuko on page 67 of "Knit Kimono: 18 Designs with Simple Shapes" by Vicki Square, published by Interweave Press. I'll make the body pink, one sleeve teal and one sleeve mustard, then use the purple for the cording between the color and the body. Yes, I will have to order more yarn. It should take me, oh, the next two years.
<Sidebar Off>

I've got a couple of trips coming up and wanted to get the project together for traveling. Last night, when I got home from rehearsal, I sat in front of the television for half an hour to wind the first ball. (Of course the Jazzman wanted to know why it didn't come already wound into a ball, and I couldn't answer him. My best answer was that the really good, high quality wool doesn't come in a ball. I don't know if that answer is anywhere near factual, but it's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

This morning when I was in the shower, I heard some thumping and bumping outside the bathroom. Of course my mind immediately went to a burglar being in the house stealing all my arts and crafts books or cans of paint or shredded bank statements or something.

When I got out of the shower, I started searching for the thumper-bumper. As I walked into the family room, I saw about 50 feet of yarn spread all over the room. Angel was crouched down, peering under a small chest, where I found—ta dah—my newly-wound ball of yarn, less the 50 feet of yarn that had become its tail.

Listen, Cat, if I wanted your help I'd ask for it! Right now you're treading on very thin ice. The day may come where you live permanently in the basement!

Oh, wait, there's far more mischief to be had in the basement. I guess I'll just suck it up and put my yarn in a drawer when I'm done with it.

No comments: